Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Girly Workshop Fun!!!!

Hi all.

A few weeks back I had a workshop hosted by my Bestie. We had only a diligent few, but man-o-man did we have some fun!!! She requested that we use the All Dressed Up Framelits....so no problem there. I love these things. I also wanted to include a couple of new items from the brand new catalogue, So this is what I came up with......




 Now before you all fall off your chairs....yes....I KNOW there is a HUGE use of PINK in these projects. It was forced upon me by the DSP I used, which is the very pretty Gingham Garden. It also had a flower from Mixed Bunch stamped in Versamark to fill in the blank background. Now the OCD side of me also meant that each attendee had a different strip of DSP and therefore different coloured main CS, inks etc. I also used the Label Love and Banner Greetings stamp sets and the co-ordinating punch with Label Love - Artisan Punch. As you can imagine, with framelits, embossing, bling and dimensionals it was creative chaos!!!


Sadly I did not get pics of the ladies' creations (bad demo!!) I did however make my hostess a unique thank you gift, a box of notecards and co-ordinated box in the new 2013-15 In Colours!!

 
 
These were the 4 cards inside.....
 
 
Now (as I later found out when I opened a NEW packet of note cards) these are the OLD, smaller SU notecards. The new ones are MUCH bigger, which also explains why, no matter how I tried to work it, I could not make them the same as the set I was inspired by here. Still, there were very cute!!! Here is one close up.......
 
 
I made the box so that the cards nested snugly inside and on the top, I used the new Quaterfancy DSP and I paper pierced the framelit. Can you tell I love using framelits??
 
 
 
 Thanks for popping by. As you can appreciate, there were LOTS of items used, but I will try to list them all. Much more to share VERY soon.
 
Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Cards-Island Indigo, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Gingham Garden DSP
                Note Card- Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Quaterfancy DSP, Soft Sky, Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Cantaloupe, Daffodil Delight
Ink: (SU) Cards: Melon Mambo, Island Indigo, Versamark
                Note Card: Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe, Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush
Stamps: (SU) Label Love, Banner Greetings, Mosaic Madness, Itty Bitty Banners, Mixed Bunch, Whimsical Words (ret)
Punches: (SU) Artisan Label Punch, Mosaic Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punches,  Triple Layer Bouquet Punch (ret), Blossom Builder Punch (ret), Carla Craft 1/2" Circle Punch
Framelits and EF's: (SU) All Dressed Up Framelits, Oval Framelits, Hexagon EF, Mosaic EF, Labels Collection Framelits, Banner Framelits
Other Bits: SU 1/8" Daffodil Delight Ribbon (ret), Dimensionals, Pearls, Festive Paper Piercing Pack Template
 
Lynda xx
 












6 comments:

Patrice said...

WOW. Sounds like lots of fun and lots of preparation. You did good, love all the piccies you've shared today. x

Unknown said...

Looks like you all had fun, the cards were great, and yep lots of pink for you! I really don't think I should tease you anymore, pink seems to be your new colour lol. Glad you all had a good time and looks like the hostess was spoilt. Hugs xx

Kris McIntosh said...

I bet everyone had a fun time. Sharing, always gives lots of time for chatter and laughter. Love the hostess gift.

Beth Beard said...

Looks like so much fun!! Such a darling hostess gift! I'm sure she loved it.

Tracey (the bestie) said...

Everybody had a great time. Thanks for putting the extra effort in to make it original.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Haven't you been a busy little bee! This post came while I was in Vanuatu. I had to 'delete' all my Feedly when I got back ... too many to catch up on ... then I did catch up gradually whenever a new post came through! Sadly ... I missed this one! You are having such a lot of fun with SU! aren't you!? Love these little projects. Hugs xxx