Saturday, February 2, 2013

Perfect Punch Art Pooch

Hi all,

Once again, apologies for the length of time in between posts. There has been MUCH going on under our roof. The children went back to school this week (Miss 8 into year 4 and Master 12 started HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!) where does the time go....seriously??

Now I have also been dropping some hints recently about some BIG NEWS that was happening....and well finally it came to be (and for all those incredibly funny folks out there NO I am not pregnant!!) On the 23rd of January, I (finally) signed up and I am now a Stampin' Up Demonstrator!!! I have had to read a lot, learn much more about my computer 9than perhaps I would have liked to) and I have had the UBER patient Angela Sargeant as my mentor and guide. I cannot thank her enough for helping me through all the oopses and lingo.

Now....onto the card. Also in the time since last posting, a friend of mine had a little boy who turned 1!! Such an occasion cannot go by unheralded. I have had this card in my CASE file for some time and thought it perfect for the birthday boy. It is punch art, which of course I LOVE, so it was an easy decision. I stepped up certain elements of the card and this is what I came up with.....(you can click on the image to make it bigger)

 
I just think punches are the best. Whilst I enjoy my stamping, punch art is what I did before I stamped and it is something I can combine with stamping with ease. The other huge effort in this card is that I used all brights...with the exception of pooch of course!!
I stamped the large banner from Pennant Parade in the same colour as the "flag" and then spaced them out across the card. Light bulb moment came when I realised that the birthday boy's name had 4 letters....so I cut out the letters and the #1 in gold glitter board and snap...easy peasy. A couple of dimensionals here and there and it was done.
 
 
Thanks for popping by, especially if you are visiting via Beth Beard's blog. I would love to hear your thoughts and comments on this card. Beth and I got to know each other via a crafting forum and she has been an amazing friend and supported, even though we have never met (given she is in the USA and I am here is Australia. It is a cool near 25000kms between us, if you believe Google Maps here. I hope you can drop by from time to time.
 
Stuff Used:
CS:(SU) Pacific Point, Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Basic Black
Ink: (SU) Rich Razzleberry, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Chocolate
Stamps: (SU) Pennant Parade
Punches: (SU)2/12 inch Circle, Blossom Builder Punch, Pennant Builder Punch, Ornament Punch, Owl Punch (small circles for eyes)
Other bits: SU Chevron EF, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots EF, Cuttlebug Olivia Alphabet, Ice Cream Parlour Buttons (ret), Gold Glitter CS
 
Lynda xx
 
 

9 comments:

Beth Beard said...

I love your precious little pooch!

Katie said...

You are such a beautiful thoughtful friend Lynda. The card is just absolutely perfect for my little guy!!! It is sitting and being shown off in the kitchen atm and later will be put in his keepsake file. And the BRIGHTS are just perfect for him, he is a bright happy bubbly sole who makes us laugh & helps put a smile on his Mr serious big brother.
Love and hugs, you are going to have an absolute ball being a demo!!!

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Congrats on your demo-ship Lynda!! Your pooh bear is too darn cute...so creative and I love the banner! Best of luck and hugs!
Sharon

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Knew you would do it one day! Congrats! Hope it is a huge success for you! Love your cuddly puppy! Popped by Beth's blog ... Wow! Lots of lovely eye candy there! Have "followed"! Hugs xxx

Carol Carriveau said...

absolutely adorable!!! Thank you for sharing and welcome to our fabulous SU! world!

Carol Carriveau said...

I am so excited to meet you - thanks to Beth....went through parts of your blog and am blown away with your creativity and look forward to seeing much more! Welcome to our SU! community!

Jenny Hayward said...

This is just so cute Lynda - and well received!!! Well done.

Welcome to our little Stampin' Up! family. You fit right in :) Look forward to seeing more of your creations.

Love Jenny x

Unknown said...

Such a cute card, congrats on joining the SU family, though it felt like you were already :) enjoy your journey Hun xxx

Tui Nathan said...

OMG ... you took the plunge .... good for you, and welcome to the wonderful wonderful world of SU!
As usual, your creations are every bit fabulous!