Thursday, November 8, 2012

Baby Boom - III

Morning all.

Well here is the last baby card (for at least a little bit). One of the girls on my netball team is in the family way and it was her baby shower a couple of weekends ago. I was asked to make the card on behalf of the team. We all chipped in with money and got her a gift card for a super baby store!

Once again, I reverted to my tried and tested baby pram. The mum and dad to be do not know the sex of bubba yet, so I kept the tones gender neutral. This is what I came up with this time around.....

 
Yes...you are not seeing things....I did a square card!!!! It is also the closest to a "white on white" card i have ever attempted. I busted out my new Nestabilities Heart Squares. Once I had settled on this the whole card fell into place really well. The background paper is the same on used on my daughter's birthday card WAY back here. Sadly I do not know the name of it and as you can see by the last time I used it, I have been holding onto it for quite a while!! I used it because it used a lot of gender neutral colour. It also has a little gloss in the centre.
 
 
The scroll that the sentiment is one was the one I cut down for the handle of the pram, so I guess the shape follows through the card as well. A couple of pearls and I was done.
 
 
Thanks for popping by and enduring all these baby cards. I promise there is something VERY different for me coming up soon. The request took me right out of my comfort zone in a BIG way.
 
Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Whisper White, Barely Banana (ret), Bazzil Linen White textured CS, DP unknown
Ink: (SU) Perfect Plum
Stamps: (SU) Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Punches/Dies: SU Scallop Trim Border Punch and Large Oval Punch, Nestabilities Heart Squares, Classic Circles, Scallop Circle and Fancy Tag dies, Carla Craft CP1 Heart Punch
Other Bits: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots EF, Dimensionals, White 1/2 pearls fm stash
 
Lynda xx
 
 

3 comments:

Tui Nathan said...

Oh my goodness .... your baby cards are just awesome - love the texture and love the pretty colours ...
I really like the look of the square cards too ... they add a subtle elegance to every creation!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Beautiful paper ... Beautiful design ... Your pram cards sure are winners! So nice to be blog hopping again ... I missed you! Hugs xxx

Patrice said...

This is darling. I need to try one of your little prams.

x