Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Every Princess Needs a Castle....

Morning all.

I decided to continue on with the kid's birthday idea and show you what I put together for DH's niece. She was 1 on Mother's Day this year (mid May) and all of my DH's family got together to celebrate. This is Miss Pippa amongst her birthday bounty.....


I had purchased some beautiful colourful bookends with fairytale motifs on them. I carried this idea through to the card. I had come across this stunning card by Carrie Rhoades in my blurfing travels and thought it perfect. It comes with a tutorial in the post. This is my version of Carrie's card......


Who thought a Spiral Punch could do so much??

I did put a little of my own spin on it, in that when I think of castles, I imagine them covered in wandering ivy. I stamped the flourish from Vintage Vogue and stamped it in Versamark over the Crumb Cake CS. Worked OK I think.....(click on an image if you wish to make it larger)


The wee flags are the points of stars, the door an oval punch and windows 1/4" squares (perhaps the fiddliest bit for me!!) The sun is a double punched scallop circle with a 1 1/4" circle with the number on it.

I was very happy with the way this came out. Being the first time I had done it, it did take a wee while. There is a lot of sponging and snipping, but final result was well worth it.

Thanks for popping by.

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Bashful Blue, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Certainly celery, Whisper White, Summer Sun (ret), Windsor Knot DSP (ret) - door, DSP flags I cannot recall...sorry, Hot Pink Glitter CS fm Alice In Paperland
Ink: (SU) Crumb Cake, Summer Sun (ret), Versamark
Stamps: (SU) Vintage Vogue
Punches: (SU) Scallop Circle, Spiral Punch, XL Star Punch (ret), Large Oval Punch, MS Grass Border Punch, Carla Craft CP1 cloud punch, CM 1 1/4" circle punch
Other Bits: Cuttlebug Olivia Alphabet (for the #1), Dimensionals, Sponges

Lynda xx


7 comments:

Jenny Hayward said...

Cool Card Lynda! Very suitable for a young princess. xx

Unknown said...

An awesome card Lynda, I love how you used the spiral punch too, such a fabulous idea (into memory bank lol), Have a wonderful day xx

maxipix said...

Just beautiful as usual

Carrie Rhoades said...

Lynda
Your card is wonderful! Thanks for sending me and email with a link!!! I sure the birthday girl loved it!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

This is sensational, Lynda! Into my 'to CASE' file for sure! Maybe for Bree's 2nd b'day! I bet Pippa is running around now ... Like our Bree! Hugs xxx

Cheryl said...

You are AMAZING!!! What a SPECTACULAR card,so you are not just the queen of stamping up cards,but the queen of punch art too!! A BRILLIANT card!!
xx

Katie said...

Stealing this IDEA, AWESOME... yep my spiral punch just 'sits' in the drawer getting no use at all! LOVE IT