Thursday, July 5, 2012

Craft Camp - #3

Morning all.

I can now post this card, as the person it was intended for was married this weekend past. Truth be told, I only recall vague parts of this card going together as (1)...it was done very late on the Saturday night of Craft Camp and (2)...I was more than slightly hypoglycemic when putting it together!!! On the upside....I was mote than happy with the outcome.

I knew that the colour scheme for the wedding was all vintage tones and I wanted the card to reflect this. I was inspired by the layout I saw here. I loved the idea of the hearts and birds. So...with that in mind, this is what I came up with......


There are lots of little things that are in this card that need a hi-lighted mention. The background is stamped with the largest stamp from "Style Beautiful"....a set that I have not pulled out in some time!! The hearts are actually White lace (yes shock horror.....I used LACE) and what is more shocking....I coloured it with a very light sponging in Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap to age it and make it fir the card. I was soooooooooooooo glad that Connie had these to sell at camp!!












As you can also see, on the bird I also carried through the large stamp to ass texture and interest. The DSP that was used for the Lace Border Punch was carried through onto the wings of the birds too.














Notice the different shape of the label? Believe it or not, it is actually the Decorative Label Punch. I got the idea from here at Debbie Henderson's blog.

I was so very happy with the vintage look of this card. I can only hope the bride and groom were too. I have a couple more weeks to wait and find out!!

Thanks for popping by.

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Very Vanilla and Making Memories Paper Reverie - Brun Antique Dictionary DSP (#35856)
Ink: (SU) Soft Suede, Crumb Cake (stamped off), Tim Holtz - Frayed Burlap
Stamps: (SU) Style Beautiful, Petite Pairs
Punches: (SU) Lace Ribbon Border Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Word Window Punch, XL Bird Punch
Other Bits: Lace Appliques from Connie's Creative Scrapbooking, Dimensionals, Sepia Rhinestones from stash

Lynda xx

4 comments:

Angela Sargeant said...

Beautiful Lynda! Love the vintage tones. And love how the DSP is carried through the card.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Lynda, love the whole look xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow!this is absolutely stunning! You are just becoming such a pro with your card making! Into my To CASE file. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration! What a fab tip with the label punch! Hugs xxx

Beth Beard said...

Beautiful Lynda! I also wanted to thank you for all your sweet comments... You always make my day!