Thursday, January 12, 2012

What I Made for Christmas - #1

Hi all.

Well given that we are nearly half way through January, I thought I should share with you the things that I made for my nieces, nephews and friends. I am going to break them up into a few posts, but know that each reflects the receivers personality. The other brilliant thing is that the papers used I got at my favourite Paper Crafting store (Alice in Paperland) for the bargain price of just 60 cents a sheet (with the exception of 1).


Today I am sharing siblings Miss 16 and Miss 14. All the girls received notebooks that were A6 in size.

Miss 14


Miss 16


The DP's looks so great, this is how they looked in their entirety.




The things I carried through all the notebooks are the flower motif and the wee double heart charm. the lace was all the same, but I added another narrow contrast ribbon to make it pop. The flowers (I thought anyhow) looked fantastic. Sadly I did not have any black paper flowers so I tried to colour a white one with ink....and nearly got there.

Here is a close up of the lace and ribbon/ric-rac.


The girls also received something small for their dressers, which I will feature in another post.

Thanks for popping by.

Stuff used:
DP: K & Co  - Sparkly Sweet: Shoes and Purses Flat Paper/ Danny O Red & White Checks Flat Paper
Other Bits: Lace, Ric-Rac, Paper Flowers and Double Heart Silver Charms all from Alice In Paperland, Brads fm stash, Double Sided Tape (lots of it)

Lynda xx

5 comments:

Unknown said...

These are fabulous Lynda, I love how the miss 14 is still girly enough with the shoes and such on the paper, and it amused me that miss 16 has such bold colours (all grown up) lol. Such a difference is made in just a few short years lol, but love both for those reasons, love your ric rac too on the lace it looks great. I bet the girls loved it, and the charms just topped it off, great job my friend xxx

Cheryl said...

GORGEOUS and love that fabulous girlie paper......hmmm you really do love pink don't you....lol....
xx

Helen Williams said...

Love Love them.
I need to cover my diary, you have inspired me.
It's about I got crafty again.
Hugs and Kisses

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

I am constantly amazed at your lovely gifts, Lynda! How do you find the time to create such lovelies for your pressies??? I am sure these will be treasured ... knowing all the love that went into making them! Hugs xxx

maxipix said...

Miss 16 is using her notebook to writ and collect quotes...