Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Teacher's Presents - #1

Hi all,

Thanks again for stopping by and thanks also for your patience with the time between posts. In the lead up to Christmas I kinda over extended myself and was left finishing gifts til 1.15AM Christmas AM!!!

I have so much Christmas stuff to show you, I will bundle some,  bit I also hope you'll indulge the speccy ones that need posts of their own. This is one.

I had a request to make a gift for the teacher of a girl that my daughter dances with. Being male, her mum was struggling for an idea of what to get. She often sees me crafting at dancing and she asked if I had something perhaps suitable....yeah sure....AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

So I went through my male "things" and came up with the following set. Here it is all together.


I will feature the card in an upcoming post. The box is the same type that I featured in a previous post here. I 'bloked it up" by keeping embellishments to a minimum, but did put his initials on the box.



I was pretty happy that I got ribbon on all 3 bits of the gift!!!

The desk caddy was so much fun. I had found paper blocks (4" x 4") at the Reject Shop for $1 and based the whole project around this. It had a simple easel top and a 2012 mini calendar to keep it open.












All parties were very happy with the gift. The teacher even pulled me aside on the last day of school and thanked me (which I thought was lovely). He admitted the chocolates did not last very long and has discarded the base and is using it as a trinket box on his dresser.

Thanks for popping by. I will post (hopefully) slightly more frequently in the weeks to come.

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla, Whisper White (card) and KO Verbena Brown - Dots and Floral DP
Ink: (SU) Choc Chip
Stamps: (SU) Dasher, Occasional Greetings
Other Bits: Nestabilities Labels One, SU 1 1/4" Real red striped ribbon, Carla Craft CP2 Sparkles punch

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Great gifts for a male, just love the desk caddy, fab idea - very useful and I think Dasher is a great feature on your card,
Sandy

Unknown said...

Lovely gift set Lynda, it is quite masculine which is the hardest to achieve I think, but I love it and ma sure the teacher would have loved it to bits especially with his initials on it. Way to go Lyndaxx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow! You certainly outdid yourself with this one! I hope you were suitably compensated??? (knowing you ... that would be unlikely!!!) Glad the teacher liked it too! Love that little calendar box! Do you have a template for that one?
Have just added my email to your subscription box ... so fingers crossed all will work well ... and I will NEVER (yeah ... right!!!) get behind with your posts again!!! (grin)
Hugs xxx

Tui Nathan said...

Oh wow Lynda ... I love this little gift set, so thoughtful, practical and personal ... this is just stunning! I am sure it was so well received too!!