Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sweet 16

(subtitle....You Know You're Getting Old When........)

DH's eldest niece turned 16 not so long ago. Kinda makes one panic a little because (1) you still recall the day she was born and (2) you have NO idea of what is hip and trendy with regards to a gift and you get that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach. I actually thought I had the card part at least sussed, until I took a trip to the Reject Shop. Sometimes you find nothing, other times you strike GOLD!!! On this particular trip,nit was GOLD on 'dem dare shelves!!!

I found a corset dress with matching mask in what was marked a "Scrapbooking Embellishment" kit. The light bulb immediately went off as to what the card was going to be.........


What do you think? I think this card has so much fun to it....don't you??? This is the wee dress close up.


I also love the quilted paper behind the dress. It's Cristena Re and i have had it for soooooo long, but never used it. I also added the wee pink rhinestones to bling it up a bit.

The only problem now was what gift. Miss newly turned 16 posted on her FB page that she got her BELLY BUTTON pierced for her birthday. OOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKK.......fact taken in and cogs started turning. After chatting with her Mum...I got her a new belly ring. FYI...a VERY new shopping experience for moi...hee hee hee. I made a co-ordinated Peek-a-Boo Box to hold the said gift. This was it.......




I made an insert for the box to hold the belly ring. I think it passed as a jewellery box. Of course...here's the 2 together......


It turned out to be a very SWEET 16 card and gift indeed.

Thanks for popping by again.

Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink, Cristena Re Quilted Ivory Paper
Ink: (SU) Pink Pirouette
Stamps: Hero Arts Design Block - Dots & Flowers - S5213
Dies: Nestabilities Scallop Ovals, Scallop Circles, Classic Ovals and Classic Circles, Cuttlebug Olivia Alphabet.

Lynda xx

6 comments:

Helen Williams said...

Beautiful Lynda, I'm bet your niece loved it.

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh HOW GORGEOUS is THIS Lynda - and beautifully pink too - LOL. Have had a fab time scrolling through your recent posts - will try not being a stranger!
lotsaluv and hugs
xXx

Unknown said...

WOW, this is fantastic Lynda, I love it all, that card is amazing, and I love the belly ring box, just gorgeous. Hugs, Miss Melxxx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Wow, Lynda! I am in awe! You told me to watch out for this one ... and I am totally blown away. Not only with the sweet dress ... but the way you have added so many beautiful details to coordinate the card & gift box. You are a star! S-T-A-R with a capital S!!! Hugs xx

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... this is gorgeous Lynda ... how super cute is that outfit ... love the mask, love the feathers, and of course the peek-a-boo box is fabulous ... an absolutely gorgeous ensemble - in every way!!!

Patrice said...

Woohoo how gorgeous is this little duo! You did good my friend! Love them to bits.