Saturday, October 1, 2011

Nauti(cal) at 40

At the beginning of September, my baby brother turned 40. Whilst blurfing one day I came across a wonderful card by Vikki Beck (using Sail Away) here. You may have to scroll down to see the card...as there are quite a few stunning male cards shown (it's the 4th one down). I decided to base my brother's card on this.

I had not tried "Acrylic Block Background" Stamping before. For those unfamiliar with it, there is a tutorial link here. Here is my version of Vikki's card......


As you can see I have made a couple of minor alterations, but was thrilled with the final outcome. The sails are on dimensionals, which give it a billowy feel. There is also a close up of the effect you get with the acrylic block. My block had wavy edges, which fitted the nautical theme beautifully.


I tried to carry through the feel of ropes and pulleys with the ribbon through the eyelets.




I hope you like this card as much as I do. Sail Away is definitely my "go to" male card" stamp at the moment.

Thanks for dropping by.

Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Real Red, Night Of Navy, Whisper White
Ink: (SU) Real Red, Night Of Navy, Bashful Blue
Stamps: (SU) Sail Away, Sanded BGS, Simple Type Alphabet Numbers
Punches: (SU) Large and Small Oval Punches
Other Bits: Dimensionals, Bright Red Eyelets, 3mm Red Satin Ribbon fm stash

Lynda xx

1 comment:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

So glad you are enjoying this fabbo stamp! I love the effect with the background stamping ... and the red, white & blue nautical colours! The little eyelets add a little pizzazz to the card! On a roll .. hunny! Thanks for all the blog love over at EnchantINK! Hugs xxaxx