Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I Tried Something Different!!!

My "gunna file" is nearly BUSTING at the seams. I am always "gunna" try this technique, "gunna" do this kind of folded card....but I never seem to get around to it!! Well ladies (and gents if you are out there reading...) I DID something from my GUNNA file....that being Reverse Masking!! Also after many, MANY sad neglected months untouched...I finally inked up a SAB set from this year!!

Some time ago I saw this card in my travels. Now I have Googled and e mailed trying to track down the post or indeed the person that is Trish Hughes...but alas...to no avail....so Trish....I still wanna say a BIG thank you for the inspiration for this card.


Whilst in Singapore, I did some rummaging for Andrea through the craft shops to find her some 1/2 metallic silver pearls. I was successful, and I included MY version of this card to go with the crafting happy mail to her...


Now this reverse mask in on a mini note card. I got to (finally) use my 2 3/8" scallop circle punch to form the outer mask and used a 1" circle punch for the sun/moon mask. From there it was a very (tenuous) job of sponging the background colours and then building the flowers. Lastly, the circle was removed and the bird image was stamped. Slightly close up versions here.....



For a first attempt, I thought it was OK. Andrea was very gracious in her appreciation and liking of the card. In a way it was karmic, because I received the note cards from Andrea as blog candy sometime ago.

May pluck up the guts to try this again at some stage, but I also have ANOTHER gunna file special coming up!! Stay tuned for that one.

Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Whisper White Mini cards and Envelopes
Ink: (SU) Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, SWM's in Concord Crush, Regal Rose, Pear Pizzaz and Early Espresso
Stamps: (SU) Silhouette Sentiments (SAB 2010), Fresh Cuts
Punches: SU 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Carla Craft 1" Circle Punch

Lynda xx

4 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

I think you've done a FABULOUS job chickie - and I'm sure Andrea LOVED it too! Hmmmm - reverse masking, haven't tried that im AGES and certainly not to this degree - maybe I should pop it into MY "gunna" file!
xXx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

I enjoyed reading about this card. You always have such a fabulous way of describing your adventures! (Including card adventures!) This card is still sitting on my shelf for me to admire! And ... is now on my "gunna" list! I love it! Thanks for including it in my little parcel. Hope you got the $$$ okay??? Hugs xxaxx

Patrice said...

What a beautiful job you've done of this. Very soft and pretty too.

x

Jenny Hayward said...

I think this reverse masking card is fantastic Lynda! You really must try this again very soon. :)

I know that Andrea would love it very much.

Love Jenny x