Friday, July 8, 2011

Crafter's Retreat #8

Good morning all.

One thing I think we all have some difficulty with is sympathy cards. I admit to having a couple of fail safe ones...as do we all. Not so long ago I saw a stunner on Andrea Buckland's blog here. It was one of the projects I was DETERMINED to get done at camp as I knew I would have the time needed to get it just right.

This was my 1st version of the card. The person I had it in mind for was a fan of greens.



Now whilst very happy with this version, for me it was just a tad stark, so I stepped it up. The cross itself reminded me of one of the ones you would see on a family's crypt of similar and that is where i found the idea of the trellising vines. This is version #2....



Now on Andrea's tutorial, she embosses the cross in 2 pieces, but I found it much easier to do it in 1 and that way I found that you could line up the join and make it near impossible to detect (hopefully) as seen here....



I think the vines from Vintage Vogue worked a treat here....don't you?? I also love the monotone look of Mellow Moss and Whisper White.

Thanks for dropping by. I believe this is the LAST one of my Crafter's Retreat posts....or perhaps one more. Thanks for enduring them all and I hope that you have enjoyed what I came up with. I will be back soon with more fun and creativity and hopefully a couple of pics from my fun time in Singapore.

Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Mellow Moss (ret), Whisper White
Ink: (SU) Mellow Moss
Stamps: (SU) Teeny Tiny Sentiments, Vintage Vogue
Punches: (SU) Scallop Trim Border and Corner punches, Word Window Punch
Other bits: (SU) Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Nestabilities Fancy Tags Die, Dimensionals, Small 1/2 pearls fm stash

Lynda xx





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look like you have had a great time at your camp and it was very productive. I think a weekend of no distractions to just sit and create would be lovely. I have enjoyed looking at all your creations. Thanks for sharing. And the vines definitely add to this last card.! Hope you have enjoyed your time in Singapore too.

Jenny Hayward said...

This is something I haven't tried yet Lynda. I love this! I think the vines just add to the elegance. Well Done! Enjoy your time in Singapore.

Love Jenny xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

What a nice surprise to have this arrive in my mail box! Although for a sad occasion ... it still brought a smile to my face! Thanks my special friend for creating something really wonderful especially for me! Hugs xxaxx