Friday, April 29, 2011

Baby Shower II

My youngest SIL is about to give birth to her first child. We are all eagerly awaiting this birth as both she and her hubby have gone through a lot to get to this point. On Easter Saturday we had a "Gathering" of the Shrimpton women, being my MIL, her sister, my 3 SIL's (one of whom is the mum-to-be), myself and our daughters...of which there are 5. It was an 'unofficial' baby shower....and a total surprise for the guest of honour. One of my SIL's had organised...with games and favours and all the baby bounty of course to go to the guest of honour as a pressie fm all of us.

I wanted to do a card at least to show her how my family all felt. We do not know the sex of the baby, so neutral was the go. I had seen this card and it gave me the basis for mine. I apologise in advance for the dodgy pics...this card was done very much on the fly and the pics were taken in secret in my niece's room before it was given!!


I used this DP once before here...on my daughter's birthday card last year. It was a swap that I acquired from Steph at craft Camp last year. Given that it was all colours, I thought the best for a neutral card!! The rattle is a little easier to see IRL, but you get the idea anyhow. I gathered some scrap lace for the band of the rattle and double punched the handle with a couple of circle punches.














The final finishing touches were yellow grosgrain ribbon for the handle and bow as well as the sentiment with tiny pale green bling.













I was quite amazed how bits from here and there came together for such a sweet card. I also got to bust out my new Martha Stewart Punch....Love it!!

Thanks for stopping by.

Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Whisper White, DP fm Steph
Ink: (SU) Peach Parfait
Stamp: (SU) Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Punches: Carla Craft CP21 Circle, CP2 1" circle, CM 1 1/4" circle, MS Gothic Arch Punch, SU Modern Label Punch
Other Bits: Yellow Grosgrain ribbon, Pale green rhinestones, Dimensionals, Scrap of lace, glue dots.

Lynda xx

8 comments:

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Oooh! This is just the sweetest! And ... you know how much I am into baby cards at the moment! :) What a clever design ... and look at that gorgeous new punch you have ... you lucky girl! Love that DSP ... perfect for a "neutral" baby card. Hugs xxaxx
PS Thanks for your emails. I am still playing catch up ... and sometimes it is hard to know which to do first ... post?/comments?/blurfing?/emails? Sigh ... If only I could do all at once! xxx

Debbie Lamb said...

This is adorable and is such a cute idea.

Magento Themes said...

This is so sweet.. nice design. I love your blog background design and the golden layout..Thanks for this great blog.

Debbie Pamment said...

Too adorable - soft and cute just like a baby!
xXx

Patrice said...

Lovely soft colours, and such a sweet card. How fun it must have been for all of you girls to get together for the afternoon, I imagine there were lots of laughs and stories being told...

Cheryl said...

Absolutely adorable!!! I am always in awe of your punch art,you are so very clever!!
xx

Helen Williams said...

Great card.

Sonia G said...

So so cute! You seem to have found your creative mojo or at least let yourself 'assemble' things!

Love it!

Cheers
Sonia