Saturday, March 5, 2011

Punch Fun.....Again.......

I was looking back through my photos and found a card I had not posted!!! It is inly abt a month old...and was put together as a challenge card for Inspirations4U. Madeline set this......


I had to to a slight substitution, as I did not have Early Espresso or Marina Mist, so I used Chocolate Chip & Bashful Blue. For some odd reason, my mind went to nature. This is what I came up with...



Between you and I....it turned out a lot better than I had hoped. I was inspired but a version of this card here on SCS. To do the fence I cut 3cm wide strips of CS and then fed it in throught the top (underside) of the Small Tag punch so that just the top of the fence was nipped. hope that makes sense?? I then ran it through the Distressed Stripes Cuttlebug folder. I also sponged the clouds using a scallop circle punch. You can find the tutorial here. Looks better close up!!



This was the first time I had given my owl "wings"....also with the scallop circle punch, which also happened to be used to do the bushes on the fence. The vest on the owl was done by stamping the image from Itty Bitty Backgrounds onto the CS and then cutting it out as I did bot have any suitable blue DP.

           











This was such a fun and happy card. I hope it makes you smile too.

Stuff Used:
CS: (SU) Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Whisper White,Old Olive DP (ret)
Ink: (SU) Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip
Stamps: (SU) Itty Bitty Backgrounds, So Happy For You (SAB '11 set)
Punches: (SU) Owl Punch, Small Tag Punch, Scallop Circle Punch
Other bits: Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

Lynda xx


6 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

I must say I do LOVE this owl punch with the addition of the wings! Gorgeous job - even if it IS a month late - LOL
xXx

Kerry Parkinson said...

Very cute indeed! Love the fence effect and might just have to CASE that one! Owlie looks so sweet in green! TFS

Cheryl said...

OMG this is so darn cute,I have to stop visiting you....every time I do I want more Stampin'Up! products....lol....I so know my next spending spree is going to be all on punches,I love what you do with them!!
xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Love it even more ... now I have seen it again! :) Very very cute! Love all the detail ... and the cleverness with the punches! I am still having computer probs ... after a major crash! Access to the internet is frustrating me ... even though my dh has solved the main probs. Off to scroll through what I have missed over the last few days ... Hugs xxaxx

Helen Williams said...

Lynda this card is stunning.
I will have to case this.
Have a great day.

paper bag create said...

Love your owl card! Great idea with the fence!!! Need to try those clouds one of these days! {{hugs}}