Thursday, February 10, 2011

Roses and Lattice

Hi there!!

I am so very sorry to put another challenge card to you all, but I am still on light duties with my neck, incredibly FRUSTRATED and desperately trying to be good (ie not craft/be on the computer too much).

With this sketch from Inkspirations4U....I knew EXACTLY what I wanted to do..in my head at least. This is the sketch we were given....


....and this is what I came up with.....



I went to my technique crypt and found the Lattice Technique compliments of Dawn Griffiths from the US. For a first attempt I don't think it turned out that badly. I also broke out the Scallop Trim Border Punch for the first time...it is soooooooo easy to use. Goes through CS a helluva lot easier than the Eyelet or Scallop Border Punch. I can only sadly use these on DP now, now matter what I sharpen them with, they don't play nice.

Here is a slightly closer view of the latticing.



The Kiwi Kiss is a cut down version of the Scallop Oval Punch. It fits nicely with the Word Window Punch. I also popped the roses up on dimensionals.




Thanks for popping by and I also wanna say a HUGE thank you for all the "hope-your-neck-gets-better-soon" wishes. It still is not playing fair and I am still doing everything I should....sadly with no great rewards...but patience is a virtue right????

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White, Urban Garden DSP
Ink: (SU) Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy
Stamps: (SU) A Rose is a Rose, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Punches: (SU) Scallop Oval Punch, Word Window Punch, Scallop Trim Punch
Other bits: Dimensionals, Green Kaisercraft Rhinestones

Lynda xx

7 comments:

Helen Williams said...

Great card Lynda, love the lattice work.
Sorry to hear your is still playing up, take care.
Love and Hugs
Helen

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Patience is definitely a virtue! I do hope, hunny, that it won't be too long before you are feeling better. Gorgeous the first time I saw this ... and even better today! You are such a clever little chicken ... aren't you! Hugs xxaxx

Patrice said...

Clever card, you've done well and I love the roses in this colour.

Hope you're feeling much better soon.

Mwah x

Sonia G said...

Wow - Did I miss this on Inkspirations???? Where did you hide it! I love the lattice work that you have done!
So sorry to hear that your neck is still misbehaving!
Thanks for getting on here and giving us another stunning card and checking in!
Cheers
Sonia

Jenny Hayward said...

Great card Lynda! Love the lattice and the colours - definitely YOU!!
Hope you get better soon,
Jenny xx

paper bag create said...

Beautiful Lynda! Love the colours and the lattice work. {{hugs}}

Cheryl said...

WOW this is STUNNING and the colours look amazing together!!!
xx