Friday, September 3, 2010

Tea for One (#1)

As most of you may know....I love my netball. Not so long ago whilst playing against a bunch of 14/15yo's (PS.....my team STARTS at 40yo!!) I sustained a minor knee tweak. To say the least it was frustrating and the fluid continued in spurts and fits. Thankfully, I have a physio at my work and she is amazing. She noticed me hobbling one arvo and offered to take a look for me. She diagnosed the problem, gave me some exercises and ordered a new piece of hardware for the knee. This helped me make it through the rest of the season with no more fluid. Nancy is AMAZING!!! She was so very generous with her knowledge and time.....I wanted to do something nice for her. This is what I came up with...


It is based on a teabag holder that I saw on SCS here. These teabag holders are so easy and a lot of fun to do and I think make a great little gift. Here are some other angles for your enjoyment!!





Give these teabag holders a go....you won't be sorry!!

Stuff used:
CS:(SU) Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Green CS and DP non SU
Ink: (SU) Wild Wasabi, Versamark, Markers Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun
Stamps: (SU) Garden Whimsy, Happy Moments, Whimsical Words
Oddments: Orange Ribbon (fm Big W), Carla Craft CP1 Circle Punch (to nip out the corners), Gold eyelets and collars fm Riot Art and Craft, Nestabilities Labels One

Lynda xx

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Love the tea bag holder. Well done.

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Super cute & very practical ... must try one myself. Glad Nancy was able to help you out with your knee. Did you make it to the grand finals??? Gav has been trialling another (our 3rd for the month) internet supplier ... and Optus seems it may be the answer! We have a 7 day trial. And ... finally it seems a little quicker. So ... hopefully it means I will be able to return all your wonderful loyalty ... and pop by more often without getting frustrated with the time it takes. Hugs Andrea xxx

Cheryl said...

Oh so beautiful and such a wonderful gift idea......must say the colour combo is GORGEOUS too!!!
xx