Monday, March 22, 2010

Swap Sisters Challenge #7

This week on Swap Sisters, the delightful and always encouraging Michelle set us a technique challenge...Ghosting. Now I for one had never heard of this technique before and thankfully she provided us with a guiding pdf. It involves using Glossy white CS, Versamark and a brayer. Basically you versamark the image you wish to "ghost thru" and then when dry, ink up a brayer and cover the whole piece of card in the ink and let dry. The Versamark will resist the ink and you gently buff the card just to help the image through.

Now I had a wee hiccup this week cause I do not have glossy CS OR a brayer...but Michelle assured me that I could do the same with glossy photo paper and a sponge. So with that in mind, here's my challenge card....


I used the flourish and small flower from the Fresh Cuts set to Ghost and then went over it with Lavender Lace ink. Now in the example given, Michelle also used a background stamp (BGS) before the versamark and it looked a treat. Unfortunately, this was not the case with mine....however...if you squint really hard you may see the Weathered BGS!! There are some 'veins' of colour there I promise....LOL!! The wind also caught the card and I lost a 1/2 pearl...DOH!!



Anyhow....I learnt another technique and through a lot of elbow grease (yes evenly sponging is a great workout) I got a card in for the challenge. Ghosting is fun and perhaps when I have the glossy CS and a brayer I may give it another go!!

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Vellum and Dotti brand hi gloss photo paper
Ink: Versamark, lavendar Lace, Certainly Celery
Stamps: (SU) Fresh Cuts, Weathered BGS, Butterfly Prints, Whimsical Words
Punches: (SU) Butterfly, Large Oval and Scallop Oval
Other bits: Dimensionals and 1/2 pearls fm Bizzy Becs

Lynda xx

3 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

Good on you for trying out new techniques - this is such a cute card - the background is subtle and fabulous!
xXx

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous,love the colour combo and you have done a fabulous job with this technique!!! I have heard of this, but not tried it yet......hmmmm another thing to add to the to do list....lol....
xx

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Funny ... I left a comment here ... but it doesn't seem to have worked??? So ... at the risk of repeating myself ... LOVE the Fresh Cuts stamp as a background on this FAB technique! And ... if this had been me with no brayer ... and no glossy card ... I probably would have said "nah"! "not for me"! Good on you Lynda! That is determination for sure! xxx Andrea xxx