Sunday, March 28, 2010

Robbie's 50th

My wonderful BIL Robbie turned 50 the other week. I wanted to make a card for him that perhaps reflected his life. Back in England he was part of a rock band (and yes from memory he WAS the drummer) and I had recently purchased a new Cuttlebug embossing folder that may help with my quest. I also got another chance to bust out my new Nestabilities Labels 8.

I went for the colour combo of black,silver,red and white. Here is what the cuttlebug folder looked like before I put the rest of the card together. My head is buzzing with possibilities for this folder as it is very masculine.


and here's the whole card together.....



I am happy with the way it turned out. I know that we all LOVE to do masculine cards, so I hope that this may inspire some of you. The bling 50 was a total bargain and the local 'Hot Dollar' shop. Got a massive bag of these numbers in red, blue and pink for a pittance and I think they worked well on the card too. Most importantly is that Robbie liked it...so mission accomplished.

Stuff used:
CS: (SU) Basic Black, Whisper White, Stardream Silver and Red
Ink: (SU) Real Red
Stamps: (SU) Vintage Labels (SAB '10 set)
Oddments: Cuttlebug Embossing folder - "Gem Rox", Nestabilities Labels 8, SU Pewter Brads, Dimensionals.

Lynda xx

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

WOW an amazing card and what a fabulous embossing folder,the bling 50 is perfect for this card!!!
xx

Christie Kunkel said...

Glitter on a male card and it works so well too. Who would have thought? Well done Lynda, great card.

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh this is AWESOME - what a perfect card for a fun lovin' guy turning 50!!!! AND WHERE DID YOU GET THAT CB FOLDER!!!!! I haven't even seen it - but it's on my wish list as of NOW - LOL.
xXx

Sonia G said...

You have just got it! You seem to hit the nail on the head everytime!

This is fantastic and I am sure will be treasured.

Thanks for sharing

Cheers

Sonia

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

WOW! What a terrific idea for a male card!!! Super dooper, Lynda! Love the metallic look! Just perfect! Not sure the folder is on my wish list ... but it sure is effective here!!! Hugs, Andrea xxx